Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dimension Security

Hello,

I have a question about the dimension security. I have an AS2005 database and I had setup the roles so that a Sales Manager can only see the data of his dimension.

If a create a report in Reporting Services or a report in Excel placing a member of the dimension where the sales manager belongs I have no problem and the report will show me only the correct data.

But, if I have a report where I have, for example, the product group on the rows and the month on the column, I see the data of ALL sales manager both on reporting services and excel.

Is there a way to filter the data even when I do not have any dimension member linked to the security on the report?

Thank you

Hi Andrea,
I guess that it will have something to do with Visual Totals. Are you sure that this option is turned on (advanced dimension data tab for your restricted attribute)?

Radim|||

Thank you very much! That option fixed everything!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment