Thursday, March 29, 2012

Direct Print using URL in 2k5

In SRS 00 sp2 we were able to call the printer direct by using the following
URL
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ReportServer?%2ffolder%2fReport&Parameter=LAPTOP&rs%3aCommand=Get&rc%3aGetImage=8.00.1038.00RSClientPrint.html
I saw in a previous post where GetImage is no longer available. This URL
was lifted from behind the print button on the report viewer control in SRS00
SP2. However when I grab the URL in 2k5 we have this
ReportViewerWebControl.axd?ReportSession=
Is there a way to fake this report session so I can still direct URL print?
I have seen the previous posts recomend using the report viewer control,
that works great in some cases just not this one. I dont want to show the
report to the user just promt them to print it.
ThanksHey Fred,
I have the exact same requirement to print directly via a URL. Did you
ever find an answer/solution to this issue? Any help or suggestions/links
you can provide would be most appreciated (I have looked high and lo for
answers).
Michael C
"FredG" wrote:
> In SRS 00 sp2 we were able to call the printer direct by using the following
> URL
> http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ReportServer?%2ffolder%2fReport&Parameter=LAPTOP&rs%3aCommand=Get&rc%3aGetImage=8.00.1038.00RSClientPrint.html
> I saw in a previous post where GetImage is no longer available. This URL
> was lifted from behind the print button on the report viewer control in SRS00
> SP2. However when I grab the URL in 2k5 we have this
> ReportViewerWebControl.axd?ReportSession=> Is there a way to fake this report session so I can still direct URL print?
> I have seen the previous posts recomend using the report viewer control,
> that works great in some cases just not this one. I dont want to show the
> report to the user just promt them to print it.
> Thanks
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment