Thursday, March 29, 2012

Directly edit table data?

Here is a most basic of questions from a past user of Enterprise Manager where I used to simply connect, hit the database, open the data in table view and voila, edit, add or delete table data when such a thing was needed in a pinch.

I've downloaded and installed MS SQL Server Management Studio and worked with the table structure (columns, field types, etc) but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my hands on the actual data as I used to so simply!

Help! What am I missing! I searched here as well and found entries noting how to build an application to do such a thing, but surely that functionality hadn't been lost, has it?

alyoung *at* bluemarble *dot* net

Just try right-clicking on the desired table and select "Open Table".|||Oh.My.Gosh. How dumb am I!? If only all life's questions could be answered so easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment