Thursday, March 29, 2012

DirectCopyXform error when using DTS

I am trying to import data and I receive an error that it failed to copy one table. The error says conversion error: Destination does not allow NULL on column pair 2(source column 'DateUsed' (DBYTYPE_DATE), destination column 'DateUsed'(DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP)). I have tried to change the data type for DateUsed to several different types in Access. I am not sure why it is not accepting it. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. Thanks.Well, for starters, what's the actual SOurce? SQL Server?

What's the Destination? MS Access?

Why not DTS The Source to the Destination and let DTS create an object for you, and see what it defines.

Then comapre the 2.|||The source is actually Access and the destination is SQL server. I used DTS to import data from an Access db and it failed to copy one table because of this date error.|||OK.

What I suggests still stands.

Use DTS and let it create a sql server table and find out what it creates.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment